I spent the whole of my college career learning and evolving in the basement of Vilas Hall where the Daily Cardinal’s offices were located. Although I started as a mere contributor to the arts page, I went on to be arts editor, copy chief, member of the editorial board and Page Two editor and columnist. Below you will find a sampling of the work I did as a proud employee of The Daily Cardinal.
Editorial board member
Page Two columns
- A Cardinalista bids you adieu
- Longing for my fears of the ’90s
- Play ball!: A Chicago Cubs fan in Wisconsin
- Now is the time for pipe dreams
- Single gal seeks Catholic dude
- That’s a deal breaker, Badgers!
- Franco fantastic in ‘Howl’
- [Park It!] like it’s hot
- Getting the music to Madison
- Found Footage Fesitval finds Madison
- No one should pay $10 for awful ‘sex’
- Second City brings comic prestige to Overture Hall
- DiCaprio and Winslet shine bright in dark ‘Revolutionary Road’
Notable print layouts
Daily Cardinal 120th Anniversary Issue
To celebrate our newspaper’s 120th birthday, the Daily Cardinal staff released an anniversary edition of the publication. For it, I managed both the content and layout with my colleague, Rachel Schulze. In June 2012, it was named one of the best special editions of a student newspaper of 2011-’12 by College Media Matters.